This summer could see plenty of big-name departures from Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Gareth Bale does not seem to fit into Zinedine Zidane’s plans at the Bernabeu, while Barca fans have turned on Philippe Coutinho.
The pair will not be short of suitors and have both been linked with a Premier League return.
Real are reportedly targeting Kylian Mbappe, Paul Pogba and Eden Hazard as they look to compete with LaLiga champions Barcelona next season.
And the Catalonians are looking at a big summer too as they try and tempt superstars Antoine Griezmann and Matthijs de Ligt to the Camp Nou, with Frenkie de Jong already signed.
So, to make room for new players, who could be on their way out of Real and Barca? talkSPORT take a look…
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
It seems even more likely that Bale will leave Real Madrid after manager Zidane left him on the bench during a 2-0 final-day home defeat to Real Betis on Sunday.
Zidane hinted that Bale’s future lies away from the club. He said: “I’m sorry that he didn’t get minutes today, but next year who knows what will happen?
“I have to take decisions and when I don’t like things or something doesn’t seem right, I have to change them.”
Bale’s former club Tottenham, who sold him to Real in a then-world record £85million deal, and Manchester United are believed to be interested in his services.
Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
Coutinho has been unable to replicate his Liverpool form at Barcelona since joining in a £142million deal in January 2018.
After poor performances in both LaLiga and the Champions League, Barca fans have been whistling him during home games.
And Griezmann’s potential move to the Nou Camp could spell the end for Coutinho in Spain.
A return of just 11 goals and five assists has not been enough to justify his huge price tag.
Mateo Kovacic (Real Madrid)
The Telegraph claim Chelsea are set to sign Kovacic on a permanent deal from Real Madrid following Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s ruptured Achilles tendon injury, which could rule him out for up to a year.
Kovacic started 21 of Chelsea’s 38 Premier League games, but lost his place at times to Loftus-Cheek and Ross Barkley.
If the Blues’ transfer ban starts this summer, they would be able to sign their loan players on a permanent deals, and in this case, Kovacic, whose passing game suits Maurizio Sarri’s style of play.
Ivan Rakitic (Barcelona)
Rakitic was given the runaround by Liverpool’s midfield in Barcelona’s humiliating 4-0 semi-final second leg defeat in the Champions League earlier this month.
And he was criticised by fans after being spotted at a festival in Seville just a day later.
The £65million impending arrival of Ajax star De Jong could severely threaten Rakitic’s starting place next season.
Inter Milan are believed to be showing an interest in the Croatia midfielder.
Keylor Navas (Real Madrid)
Navas played a crucial role in Real Madrid’s three successive Champions League triumphs from 2015 to 2018. However, the arrival of Thibaut Courtois restricted his playing time this season.
Spanish outlet AS report the club have told Courtois that he will be their No.1 goalkeeper next term, despite his underwhelming debut season in Madrid.
It could open the door for Navas to end his five-year spell with the club this summer.
Malcom (Barcelona)
There was excitement surrounding Malcom’s £36.5million arrival from Bordeaux last summer, but he has failed to live up to expectations.
The tricky winger has been continually linked with moves to Arsenal and Tottenham after falling behind Ousmane Dembele and Coutinho in the pecking order.
It has been claimed that Barcelona want to move Malcom on to help finance a move for Atletico Madrid’s wantaway forward Griezmann, who has a £100million release clause.
Isco (Real Madrid)
Isco lost his starting place after Santiago Solari replaced Julen Lopetegui in October – and his playing time did not improve much more following Zidane’s reappointment in March. With Mbappe, Hazard and Christian Eriksen on the club’s radar, the Spain midfielder could find it even harder to work his way back into favour.
Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona)
Umtiti’s 2018/19 season was plagued by a knee injury. During his time on the sidelines, Clement Lenglet stepped up to form a formidable defensive partnership with Gerard Pique.
Following his return to action in February, Umtiti was used sparingly by Camp Nou boss Esterno Valverde for the remainder of the season.
And with De Ligt reportedly close to joining Barcelona, the Frenchman could be forced out.